Tag of Joy
Based in Vilnius, Lithuania
2022-05-06 (PC, Mac, Linux)
Steam (PC, Mac, Linux)
GOG (PC, Mac, Linux)
Epic (PC, Mac)
Legends of the past come back to life in this charming European mystery adventure.
Crowns and Pawns, a modern-day point and click adventure, inspired by classics such as Broken Sword, Monkey Island, Still Life, Syberia and others. The game highlights the less explored history of Europe to the world of adventurers. Experience the legendary stories of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, bring to light the villainous branch of the KGB, solve puzzles and follow hints to reveal the secrets of the King who was never crowned.
The game is developed with the support of the Creative Europe Programme – MEDIA of the European Union and the Lithuanian Council for Culture.
Crowns and Pawns tells the story of Milda, a girl from Chicago, who unexpectedly receives the last will of her deceased grandfather – it appears that she is an heir and the last guardian of a mysterious family secret. Following a handful of obscure hints, Milda is thrown into an adventurous, puzzle packed search for the truth.
Pack your bags and journey through modern day Europe to uncover the secrets of the king who was never crowned.
- A blend of history and myths set in a modern world, featuring real life locations all around Europe.
- Directed by the art director of the highly acclaimed fan-adventure Broken Sword 2.5.
- Classic point-and-click puzzles that involve finding items hidden in beautiful environments, creatively combining the contents of your inventory, interesting dialogue choices, and more!
- Beautiful hand painted art that comes to life with a touch of modern graphics features.
- A world that reacts to your decisions.
- Change the looks of the main character to solve puzzles (or for fun!).
- Fully voiced dialogue.
- Music written by the award winning composer Daniel Pharos (A New Beginning, Memoria, Blackguards).
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- “Finalist” – Digital Dragons 2020 Indie Showcase
- “Official Selection” – GDC 2020, European Game Showcase
- “Official Selection” – AdventureX 2019
- “Official Selection” – Adventure-Treff Party 2019
- “Recipient” – Creative Europe MEDIA
- “With beautiful graphics and a fascinating story, Crowns and Pawns is looking like it will be an excellent point and click adventure.”
– Charles Cecil (creator of the Broken Sword series)
- “Crowns and Pawns is groovy. I dig it.”
– Bill Tiller (artist of The Curse of Monkey Island)
- “Its thoughtful story, well-written dialog and voice acting, beautiful graphics and sound, and accessible interface make this game a must-play for adventure fans.”
– 4/5 – Adventure Gamers
- “Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit took the best out of older games but also added its own personality into it. It doesn’t feel just like a copy of another game; it has its very own identity and a great one at that. This is a must play for any fan of the adventure game genre.”
– 9/10 – Capsule Computers
- “An adventure that pushes all the right buttons for fans of the genre.”
– 82% – RageQuit
About Tag of Joy
Tag of Joy is an award winning, creativity-powered company focused on game development for all major desktop and mobile platforms. Tag of Joy also makes rich and compelling interactive experiences, augmented and virtual reality solutions and other gamified products.
Company founders have given numerous talks at biggest conferences around the world, including GDC (San Francisco), devcom (Cologne), Quo Vadis (Berlin), XR Connects (Helsinki), PlayX4 (Seoul).
Tag of Joy founders are active people involved in a local game development community. They organized Game Jam 2012, 2013 and 2014 in Vilnius and also teach Game Development courses at the largest university in Lithuania.
More information on Tag of Joy, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Crowns and Pawns Core Team
Director, Producer, Additional Art, Audio and Programming
Tech Lead, Producer, UX Design, Programming and Scripting
Writer and Puzzle Designer, Voice Over Director
Communication, PR, Additional Writing and Scripting
Technical Art, Programming and Scripting
2D Background and Concept Art
Music and Audio
Programming and Technical Setup
Story Outline Author
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks