Tag of Joy
Based in Vilnius, Lithuania
27 October, 2014 (Windows Phone)
24 May, 2017 (iOS)
28 June, 2017 (Android)
iPhone / iPad
Windows / Windows Phone
Outstanding monster fights with a twist on reality!
Monster Buster is the first monster fighting and collecting game that takes you outdoors. Explore your city and find rare monsters from parallel universes invading our world. Detect, engage, fight and capture – then head out to your next big adventure. The thrill of the chase is on!
The "Monster Buster" game idea was born from a desire to extend a monster fighting experience and merge it with the real world by using Tag of Joy's previous experience in using augmented reality. The first prototype was built in a hackaton over the weekend in 2012 and was later accepted to a Microsoft and Nokia accelerator and funding program AppCampus.fi. The early beta version (similar in features to Pokemon Go when it was launched) was released in October 2014 on Windows Phone and it was the first monster fighting and collecting game that takes players outdoors. It was featured on numerous Windows Phone related websites, has great player feedback, and a hugely extended version was released in 2017.
- Discover and collect tons of incredible monsters hidden around in your city.
- Find monsters in your environment using the camera of your smartphone.
- Fight in dynamic fights using unique skills of your monsters.
- Gain experience and grow your monsters to pursue even bigger challenges.
- Original handcrafted 3D monsters.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- “Best Mobile Game” – Lithuanian Game Awards 2017
- “Best Indie Game” – GameOn 2016
- “Selected Game” – CasualConnect Berlin 2017
- “Winner” – Microsoft App Star
- “Finalist” – European AppCup 2015
- “Selected game” – AppCampus.fi
- “One of the Best Apps” – App Camp 2012
- “1st Place” – Startup Weekend Lithuania 2012
- “Best Tech Startup” – bzn start awards 2013
- “Best Funded Startup” – bzn start awards 2014
- “Monster Buster is a fun game to play and having to move around your community to find new and rare monsters to battle adds a bit of appeal to the game.”
– George Ponder – Windows Central
- “Step out into the real world with Monster Buster: World Invasion”
– developer.microsoft.com – Windows Dev Center
About Tag of Joy
Tag of Joy is an award winning, creativity-powered company focused on game development for all major desktop and mobile platforms. Tag of Joy also makes rich and compelling interactive experiences, augmented and virtual reality solutions and other gamified products.
Company founders have given numerous talks at biggest conferences around the world, including GDC (San Francisco), devcom (Cologne), Quo Vadis (Berlin), XR Connects (Helsinki), PlayX4 (Seoul).
Tag of Joy founders are active people involved in a local game development community. They organized Game Jam 2012, 2013 and 2014 in Vilnius and also teach Game Development courses at the largest university in Lithuania.
More information on Tag of Joy, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Monster Buster: World Invasion Core Team
Business & Development
Music and Audio
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks